Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Computers and Cauldrons

Original photo © Bill Bertram 2006

This is the Commodore Amiga 500, my first computer. Before we had gotten the Amiga I used to play on my friends' Commodore 64s. The Amiga had superior graphics to the 64, but the 64 had way more games...still the Amiga was mine and did I mention it had better graphics?

When it was time to get my first game I had my eye on Sierra's 'The Black Cauldron'. My dad wanted some baseball game. Being the nerd that I am I got my way and we took the 'The Black Cauldron' home. Coincidentally, the image on the computer screen above is from the opening of 'The Black Cauldron' game. Okay it wasn't coincidence, I put it there.

I miss the 1980s.
That is all.
Carry on

2 comments:

  1. C64 rocked. How much better could Amiga graphics have beeen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. depends on the game, from my recollection the Amiga versions were better, but looking on some forums people have issues with the Amiga versions of 64 games...but look up the games by Cinemaware to get an idea of the kind of graphics it had.

    ReplyDelete