Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Struggle

In an interview with PBS's Frontline, Monsignor Lorenzo Albacete said this: "As a priest, I deal with good and evil all the time. Well, first of all, as a human being, I live good and evil all the time, within me."

He was being interviewed about the attack of the WTC on Sept 11, 2001. What stuck out to me was his admittance that even as a person that acts in persona Christi he is still a broken human. Within us all is that struggle between good and evil. A cliché idea, try and use that as the idea for a work of Art and you get snickers and people rolling their eyes, but as cliché as it is, it's the truth.

I don't know, I guess I take some comfort in knowing that even a man like the Monsignor faces the same conflict we do.

Here's the interview.




No comments:

Post a Comment