Thursday, July 14, 2011

Blessed Kateri

Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha is one of my patrons. I've always had a interest in Native Americans, especially the Eastern Woodland tribes. So naturally I took to Blessed Kateri, also known as the Lilly of the Mohawks. Her story is a great one and a great witness to the Faith. Once you get past all the eco-garbage attached to her you get a person devoted to Our Lord despite the consequences.
Here is an outstanding post I'm co-opting from the ladies at Team OPCarm about Blessed Kateri.

VEE: Today is the feast of Bl Kateri Tekakwitha and while I had heard her name many times I had not read about her until today. I was not altogether surprised to learn she died at the age of 24, I tend to be more surprised when saints (and blesseds) make it out of their 20s! rest here

No comments:

Post a Comment